.

Friday, June 09, 2006

How I Amuse Myself When I Have Nothing Better To Do

I had an appointment this morning, and had to wait a while for it, so whilst sitting there I was wondering what I could put on here this morning. I really want to get my World Cup review things right (you'll find that they'll get more anecdotal as time goes on), and I haven't really got time for that today, so I needed something else. So... I'm going to offer my predictions (a bit later), but I thought I'd share a brief time-killing game I thought up for myself to pass a brief few minutes. It's pretty simple. List all 32 World Cup finals entrants, and sum them up in two words. I might forward this to the Foreign Office, should they need a quick and easy test to filter virulent xenophobes out of their recruitment process. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

Germany: Ruthlessly efficient
Poland: Zbignieuw Boniek
Costa Rica: Coffee plantations
Ecuador: Nice flag
England: Not AGAIN
Sweden: Ljungberg's hair
Paraguay: Lunatic goalkeeper
Trinidad & Tobago: Jamaica Lite
Argentina: Serial cheats
Holland: Always in-fighting
Ivory Coast: Dark horses
Serbia & Montenegro: Unwieldly name
Mexico: Sombrero hats
Angola: In Africa?
Iran: Internationally isolated
Portugal: Long hair
Italy: Hate penalties
Ghana: Military government
USA: Hate "soccer"
Czech Republic: Possibly robots
Brazil: Samba football
Croatia: Checked shirts
Australia: Football kangaroos
Japan: Tiny. Tiny.
France: Racial tension
Switzerland: Cuckoo clocks
Togo: TOGO! TOGO!
South Korea: One off
Spain: Constant failure
Ukraine: Orange revolution
Tunisia: Tunis cakes
Saudi Arabia: Oil money

I think it says more about me than it does about any of the competing countries. Sadly.

2 comments:

200percent said...

what?

i've had some booze.

tiexano said...

I'm not sure how "The national team" counts as nickname. I guess nicknames are just not ruthless efficient enough. Then again the first two words that come in my mind concerning the english team are penalty and orbit. hehe.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008