.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Voting On Super Tuesday

I'm not, it has to be said, particularly good at "blowing my own trumpet" (stop sniggering at the back). However, in the true spirit of 2008 being The Year In Which I Start Whoring Myself, I am honour-bound to draw your attention to the Soccerlens Blog Awards, nominations for which are now open. To my enormous surprise, I have been nominated in two categories (to my even greater surprise, neither of these categories are "Blogger Most Likely To Put Too Many Commas In One Sentence" or "Blogger Least Likely To Have Anything Valid To Back Up His Insane Conspiracy Theories".

I am, of course, delighted and honoured to have been nominated in both categories - Best Blogger and Best Blogger You've Never Heard Of (which could, theoretically, be described as being damned with faint praise, but actually stands up as being more or less true for the majority of people) - and obviously urge you all to vote for me in both of these categories, even if you don't actually think that I serve any useful purpose. There'll be live minute-by-minute action here this evening from tonight's friendly match between England and Switzerland on here tonight, too, by the way. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have acceptance speeches to write and I have booked a fitting session for a crown later on this morning.

7 comments:

Ahmed Bilal said...

well, you deserve it...

maybe I can get you to send an email to me now? there are a couple of ideas that I wanted to discuss...

ahmed@soccerlens.com will do.

Chris O said...

Well you certainly got my vote! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

got my vote too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what soccerlens have been up to, but they're blocked by my otherwise unusually porous work firewall.

I shall vote from home, thereby sticking it to the man.

200percent said...

Thank you for your votes, all of you. I will, of course, be continuing to spam this mercilessly for the next week and a half or so.

Thanks also, Ahmed, for nominating me. I'm terribly flattered.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
200percent said...

That, in case you were wondering, was a troll.

Hilarious.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008