.

Monday, February 18, 2008

"I'd Like To Thank Mum & Dad... God..."

Well, hooray! We won an award! As some of you may recall, this little blog was nominated for a couple of gongs at the Soccerlens 2007 Football Blog awards. Well, it managed second place in the two categories for which it was nominated, but managed to win the Editor's Choice for "The Best Blog That You've Never Heard Of". Firstly, I'd like to offer my thanks to Ahmed Bilal at Soccerlens for putting me amongst the nominations and selecting me as his choice, and secondly I'd like to offer my congratulations to everyone that was nominated and everyone that won. If it had been down to me, you'd all have won a prize of some sort. There has been a lot of great stuff on football blogs written over the last couple of years or so (too much, I would have to say, for me to even have the time to read), but I'm doing my level best to keep up with it all. Keep checking the links on the right hand side of this page, because those lists are going to keep on growing. Finally, should there be anybody reading from this from a major corporation, my rates are exceptionally cheap (he said, hitching up his mini skirt and flashing a bit of garter - now there's a mental image to give those of you that know me nightmares).

Having got my Gwyneth Paltrow-esque acceptance speech out of the way (and it could easily have been six times the length that it was), on with the exceptionally serious business of football from the 1970s. Tonight's episode of "Match Of The Seventies" is covering the 1971-72 season, so be prepared for the utterly alien concept of Derby County winning the Football League Championship, Leeds United kicking seven bells out of everybody that they come across, the last flickering of George Best's brilliance and a veritable plethora of snorkel jackets Ronnie Radford's Hereford United dumping Newcastle United out of the FA Cup - all held together with plenty of gawd blimey chumminess from Dennis Waterman. As with last week's edition, it's in four parts, in chronological order from top to bottom.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats and keep up the great work!

Joe said...

A well-deserved three points, to say the least. Well done.

Joe

Brian said...

Congratulations, Ian, and thanks for the "Match of the Seventies" videos---fantastic stuff.

The Jet Set said...

Congratulations, outstanding work as always.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008