.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Radio Times

I have to admit a small frisson of excitement at the news that Danny Baker and Danny Kelly are rumoured to be starting a football podcast at the start of next season. Their radio shows for Talk Radio and Virgin Radio in the late 1990s were genuinely brilliant, and it'll be great to see them back. About a year ago, I came across about 2gb worth of their radio shows from 1998 through to 1999. From this week on, I'll be putting two of them up on here each week (they ran from 11.30 to 1 and then 5.30 to 7.30 in evening each Saturday). They come as highly recommended - here are the first two:

28th March 1998 - 11.30 and 5.30

Normal service will resume on here tomorrow. All that thinking about goalposts has worn me out.

3 comments:

Chris O said...

Great stuff! Look forward to hearing those! :-)

Anonymous said...

These shows were great fun, I have a ton of them on tape. I remember them guffawing at the Hartson/Kitson signings that were supposed to keep West Ham up. Also they did a show from the French World Cup - covering the Iran v USA game.

Alistair Coleman said...

The Dans are entirely responsible for starting my blog. This can be either a good or bad thing depending on your perspective.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008