.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Spirit Of Football


I've spent most of this evening looking around for geek-tastic things to put on here after the World Cup has finished. You may well all die of excitement. Under normal circumstances, I would have put this on afterwards, but it is World Cup related. Whilst taking a look at Technocrati earlier this evening, I noted a link to The Great Gubba Fiasco on a blog called "The Spirit Of Football". Well, I kind of got sucked into it, and it's brilliant. Best of all is this post about their visit to see St Pauli play Trinidad in Hamburg. There's no other club in the world like FC St Pauli. You can read more about them here. It is one of my life-long ambitions to see them play at the Millerntor, and I am enormously, enormously jealous. More gubbins at some point tomorrow, including (time permitting) a definitive guide to how to make football better. I'll do my utmost to resist the temptation to say "make them play in clown costumes".

5 comments:

dotmund said...

Improving football? Well, for a start, more teams should take a leaf out of St. Pauli's book and play in brown.

I've probably told you before about my belief that Brighton and Hove Albion's away kit should be pink and brown.

kate said...

what's this? football can be made better?

I DON'T BELIEVE IT

200percent said...

I'm as surprised by this as anybody else.

tiexano said...

A female coworker/indierock girl told me recently that every time St. Pauli plays against the local loser bunch (VFL Osnabrück) she and 5 of her (also female)friends buy tikets for the St. Pauli tribune. She doesn’t mind the footie, but she is there for the party the singing, the dancing(!) the people and the spirit. Next time I'm with her.

colin said...

we quite often get a visit from St Pauli. lovely chaps.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008