.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two Day Break

So, what did you lot get up to yesterday? What have you all got planned for today? After the sporting equivalent of mainlining heroin, I didn't quite know what to do. I tried watching Wimbledon for an hour or so, but it didn't really scratch the itch. I had a quick flick through the BBC's video archive to see if I there was anything significant that I've missed so far, but it didn't appear that there was. So... I spent a few hours downloading some music instead.

Today, there'll be more of the same, but it does at least allow me the opportunity to put out a few public service announcements that I have been meaning to say for the last coulple of weeks or so. Firstly, I want to thank all of you that have taken the time to stop by and read my ill-informed and misconceived witterings. It is appreciated, I promise. As of today, we've had somewhere in the region of 5700 visits, which has surprised me somewhat. As my Clustr map shows, you've been looking in from all over the world, so hello Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, America, Russia and Iran! This may be the only time in my life that I get to say something like that, please humour me!

Secondly, the ads at the top of the page. I'm not a dreadful corporate whore. I promise. It's just that I've seen the Adsense links on Blogger for some time and had been wondering what they did. They seem pretty innocuous to me, but I appreciate that they're not terribly aesthetically pleasing. For those of you what were wondering, I've made a grand total of $9.56 out of them so far. At that rate, I'll be able to retire when I'm about 350 years old.

We are hoping to keep this blog going in a more general sense after this tournament has finished. I've already contacted a couple of people about this, but if anyone else fancies helping out, my email address is in my profile, on the right of this page. It will probably have a different domain name (and so on), but it will be linked from here, and I may even add all sorts of new and exciting features. Okay. Maybe not that exciting.

Finally... I've tried contacting a couple of you over unrelated issues over the last few days and had no response, so, Stu and Tino, if you happen to see this, could you email me please? I'm not sure that the email addresses that I've got are valid. Thanks.

1 comments:

tiexano said...

hehe, I just swiched the computer on for the first time in 28 hours. Surprising what the lack of 4rthur can do to you. Aswer is in the works.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008